GIS Analyst/NEPA Specialist
Lark is seeking applications for a part-time, remote GIS Analyst/NEPA Specialist to join our team and support the development of tribal and federal projects throughout the United States. The position would be based out of the Casper, Wyoming or Madison, Wisconsin areas.
The ideal candidate will bring experience developing content for a range of environmental documents in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and other federal, tribal, state, and local environmental regulations and requirements. In addition, the candidate will be proficient with ArcGIS and will provide quality technical support for clients and fellow Lark staff, including applying GIS spatial datasets to analyze proposed projects and solve problems.
In a remote capacity, this position will require the individual to be a self-starter and work both independently and with teams as a subject matter expert. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage varying priorities and multiple tasks while meeting concurrent deadlines on multiple projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with NEPA reviews and land use planning, including providing support for a variety of high-level analyses and evaluations related to environmental due diligence, environmental compliance, and resource assessments for government, private, and tribal clients.
- Work through a range of environmental resource studies related to social, economic, cultural, natural and physical environment for NEPA document development, and write specific resource sections in NEPA documents with oversight from more experienced staff.
- Contribute to scopes of work, budgets, and schedules as part of task expansion or new proposals with guidance from more experienced staff.
- Participate in meetings with clients and subcontractors.
- Assist with the facilitation of public meetings, agency meetings, and client meetings; may include supporting public and agency engagement efforts such as facilitating in-person and/or virtual meetings, and creating and editing presentations, fact sheets, online content, and other similar communication and engagement materials.
- Travel for assisting with public meetings, agency meetings, and client meetings
- Develop and undertake GIS spatial-relational database projects. Responsible for complex analysis and representation of data in maps.
- Responsible for creation, conversion, geo-processing, and advanced cartographic map design and production.
- Maintains GIS-related software licenses and hardware.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Planning, Environmental Science, or a closely related field.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work on a collaborative team, both internally and externally, and in both leadership and support roles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
- Proficiency in technical writing of environmental documents, preferably NEPA.
- Availability for overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Minimum 4 years’ professional environmental consulting experience.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS.
- Thorough knowledge of the ESRI ecosystem (ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Online).
Part-time Salary (20 hours/week), with potential for full-time
TBD based on experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible and remote working options
- Growth Capabilities
Application Deadline: Open until filled
To Apply: Please send your resume, a list of references, and a writing sample with “GIS Analyst/NEPA Specialist” in the subject line to email@example.com